• In the Spotlight:

Do you remember the moment you fell in love with your husband/boyfriend?? How did you know..

mom2girliegirls

Asked by mom2girliegirls at 2:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• It was when he said "your problems are my problems" and "your uncle will be our responsibility one day" (because my mom takes care of my mentally disabled uncle). He was just so there for me, and still is. I'm so lucky...
    Anonymous

• we were lying in bed and he told me i am the most beautiful women he has ever known and he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me and couldnt wait to grow old with me
    babykins362003

Answer by babykins362003 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• It was a gradual process for me. He claims to have loved me at first site but it was a gradual process for me to fall in love with him. I cannot pinpoint any specific moment that I "fell" in love with him.

So far as what love means to me and ho wI knew that it was indeed love, I believe that it is all a matter of semantics. What "love" is to me could be TOTALLY different for somebody else. I knew that I loved Alex when I realized that by being with him, I was a better person. He brings out the best in me and helps me realize that in despite of my mood swings and other minor imperfections, I have a beautiful soul...and THAT'S what love is to me.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 3:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I was like AvasMommy810. My husband admitted he "had a thing for me" from the day he met me, but I had just graduated high school then. That was many years ago, and we were friends. I started falling for him when he permanently split from wife #3. My marriage at the time was abusive. He was the one who got me out, and he told me he was in this for the long haul. That's when I knew he was for real. Never been happier.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I first met him after I had known his mom and brother for a long time,he said he noticedme long before I did him,I was attracted to his personality and he made me laugh,at the time I was in a very bad relationship an was trying to get out of it he was my answer from God for happiness,we have been together ever since.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 3:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I don't think you "fall" in love. I think we learn to love, and that is a gradual process. If we "fall" in love, then we can "fall" out of love. If we learn to love, we continue learning for our entire lives. That's why some marriages last and others don't. The first key is to determine the character of a man and to decide if this is someone you care to spend a lifetime learning to love him. I do think that there is sometimes an immediate knowing that this is or at least could be the one, but even then, there is no way to know whether he is of good character until you have gotten to know him. You need to know about how he conducts his life, and that takes time.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:50 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• my boyfriend actually/literally swept me off my feet. he courted me like the men used to do back in the day. flowers/candy/phones calls all day,etc. But it was when he looked at me and said he loved me with all his heart and that we will be together no matter what is when i knew he was the love of my life, second time around is the charm ladies.
    mom2candy

Answer by mom2candy at 3:50 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• When I met my now husband I said to myself, "I am going to be myself, and if he doesn't accept me for me, than thats too bad". I was tired of being in relationships where I could never be myself and was always the giver and he was the taker. When I met my husband, we hit it off so good. He respected me and it was so different than any other relationship. You just know when you meet the right one, because you don't have any doubts about marrying him, and he treats you like a queen.
    Anonymous

• I was 15 - we were standing on my mothers front porch in the snow and he kissed me, he'd kissed me before but never like that, and I knew in that moment that I would marry that boy one day. I dated other guys & never would let anything get serious because I always knew I didn't want to be with anyone except Steven, we were to young to be just seeing one person, and I think that is what has made our marriage so strong, as I said we dated other people & always ended up back to together. Then one day I had been dating this guy for about 8 months, still nothing serious, just hanging out I was about 21 & I got a page from my moms house it was Steven I left that other guy standing there took my girlfriends car and went home Steven took me to take her car back & 1 year later we moved out and got married. We've been married 14 years and 3 boys later. And more in love now than that night in the snow.
    momof3sboys

Answer by momof3sboys at 4:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• We met our sophmore year of h/s and i remember that exact moment we met. and since then there were moments that made it just seem 'real' but we split up a few times and got back together after h/s and one night he made me dinner, got my fav. movies and we just hung out and talked. we didn't even watch the movies because we were talking about everything. less than a year later we were married, and now have two wonderful boys!! He has always been the one that i've thought about. i love my hubby!!!!! <3
    AliciaO

Answer by AliciaO at 5:01 PM on Oct. 11, 2008