how much would you charge someone...

this is what the ad says on craigslist....

In need of childcare 4 days a week for 3 1/2 hours a day,Monday - Thursday 8:30am to 12:00pm, for 1 and 3 year old. I will be starting classes Sept. 27 and need some one reasonably priced and reliable. My home or yours. Experience a must with children, references checked, and CPR certified,Martinez & Evans area a plus. If interested please contact me, martinez/childcare in header

how much would you charge??? the daycares around here charge like $110-$120 a child but that is all day

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• 12 an hour.
    I used to baby sit for neighbors and family friends all the time. The first kid was always 10, and then I would add another two or three for the next kids. If they had four kids then I would just cap it at 15 an hour. It sounds pricey but it's WAY cheaper then what day cares and other nannies are charging. Especially since she is wanting someone with those certifications. Those aren't cheap and you have to renew them every year or so.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 3:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• ask what they're willing to offer & bargain your way up if necessary.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 3:15 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• You will have more flexibility with pricing if you can find a private daycare provider. One who does this in her own home. Be care and get references, but it can be a good thing. On average in my area, most in home care providers charge $20 per day per kid. If you can get $20 per day for both kids for 4 hours per day...I think that would be reasonable.
    Another idea, any other moms in the neighborhood who would be willing to watch your kids. Or if you live in a college town, a college student, (preferably one who is going into childhood education or similar) who has the afternoon free.
    Hope some of those ideas help.

ALynn123

Answer by ALynn123 at 3:21 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I pay anywhere from $10 to $15 an hour...I have 3 kids & my sitter comes over anywhere from 3 to 10 times a month & stays for about 6 hours each visit. She doesn't mind & takes the $10 an hour even though we offered higher. Really depends on the experience, the person, and the needs of your kids. Will she be cooking, cleaning, bathing, errands, or any of those things...they may want to charge higher based on that...at the $12 an hour suggested by the first person that would be $168 a week, which is much cheaper than what you're going to get anywhere.
    KDBeckham

Answer by KDBeckham at 3:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Maybe $20 a day for the two. You could ask her to provide their lunch on top of that. She is needing this for school hours, not work hours. I doubt she can afford much going out when she doesn't have anything coming in. kwim? CPR isn't much to ask for. I am exempt from licensing and still have CPR, food handlers, abuse and neglect classes, etc.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 3:31 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Here you get around $5 an hour, more in the city. I'd charge someone around $75 a week.

L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 4:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2010