Really annoying!!!!!!!!

My baby's daddy changed my baby's poopy diaper ONCE during her 8months of diapers.. He says he will never do it if she's poopy. How annoying is this?! What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it's ridiculous and immature. He made this child, so he should take care of it! I don't think a man can call himself a man or a father if he won't take care of his child's needs. It's selfish and intolerable. My husband loves his children unconditionally and if one needs to be changed, he changes them, no questions asked. It's an everyday thing!

What's gonna happen later on down the road if one of your kids gets sick and has diarrhea in their pants? Is he gonna walk away? Hope not!

Tell him he created these children, and it's his responsibility!

Sheesh!
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 3:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• DH and I take turns with the messy diapers. Maybe refuse to do his laundry, clean up after him, etc, until he decides to man-up.

SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:15 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• There's not much you can do...Guys are stubborn, and when it comes to baby poo, they are wimps.
    My husband will run out of the room when I change our son's poopy butt
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Get used to it. Most men will not change a dirty diaper.

My ex only changed them when I had strep...That was also the only time he ever gave her a bath...until we divorced, now he doesn't have a choice.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:15 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• It's not exactly a favorable job, so you can't exactly blame him for not wanting to. Although, we all understand you wanting him to change a few here and there. However, there isn't much you can do to get him to change one. If he's adament I'm sure he'll let her sit in it before he touches it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• SO wasnt a fan of poopy diapers either, but he did it with my help lol. Now that ds is potty training, if he poops in his underwear SO cant do much very long because he runs out to dry heave or more. He always apologizes! So sweet lol.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Tell him to man up and be a FATHER. :)
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Is it unfair and annoying, yes. Although my hubby could change most poopy diapers, there were some he couldn't handle. Now when our bigger kids throw-up he can't deal with it (he's a sympathetic puker). I have to. Does that make him less of a dad/man or make a statement that he doesn't love his kids. No, it means he can't deal with something smelly. There are some things that have to be dealt with like snaking a toilet that I don't want to deal with that he does. That's why in my world kids were meant to have two parents. So between the two everything could be handled. My dad NEVER changed ONE of my diapers or fed me a bottle as a baby, but he's a damn good man and a wonderful dad.
    van5

Answer by van5 at 3:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2010