(For those who Celebrate only) How do you decorate for Halloween?

As stated in the subject, this is only for those who celebrate. No need to post if this topic isn't relevant to you.

Do you decorate to the nines, or are you more of a few knick knacks here and there kind of decorator? (er?) Do you like the cutesy halloween decorations or do you go for the gory/scary decorations? Any ideas or tips on homemade decorations that you'd be willing to share? Websites welcome!

JazzlikeMraz

Asked by JazzlikeMraz at 3:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Holidays

• My mom just bought me the Halloween Better Home & Gardens magazine. They had FANTASTIC costume ideas for babes and toddlers, and awesome pumpkin ideas.

They also had a few pages of elegant Halloween decor- some pumpkins covered in lace- Love it! I think I'm going the elegant route.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 3:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Our favorite tradition is to carve pumkins! I've done it every year since I was born and plan on continuing the tradition with my family. :D Also, as with any old holiday, we like to decorate sugar cookies cut out into halloween shapes (bats, pumpkins, ghosts, witch hats, cats, etc.... I loved doing this as a child and still do! Here's a link for some other easy craft ideas for decorations: http://crafts.kaboose.com/easy-outdoor-halloween-decorations-2.html
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 3:22 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I decorate to the nine....LOL....inside and out...
    I will start putting together the ideas as to how I am going to start and when (usually Oct.1)
    later after school starts...
    My sister goes further than I do... she has 5-9 ft actual figures (Frankenstein, his bride, vampyre, witches and more)
    I also do a Samhain/Halloween tree... this yr I am looking for a black tree....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I don't usually decorate, but when I do I go all out. The scary stuff mostly. We made a spooky grave yard in our front yard one year. The scarier the better :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My extent of decorating is usually carved pumpkins and scarecrows when I do something.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• We live in the country and don't really get trick or treaters (I miss that) So now I mostly decorate inside with light up pumpkins, candles, halloween baskets, and a few halloween knick knacks and orange lights. When I used to decorate outside we had carved pumpkins all over, scarecrows, lights along the walkway, ghosts hanging in the trees, hay bales and cornstalks. We still carve pumpkins and put them out. But this year we are going on a Ghost Walk on Halloween.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 3:24 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I only decorate outside for Halloween. A few bails of hay for the carved pumpkins, scaredy cats, ghosts in the trees and lights. Maybe a few other things.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 3:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I do outdoors stuff and very little of it inside the house. I've done several graveyards with pop-up skellys. Mucho fun!!
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 3:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I go all out for Halloween! It is my favorite holiday. Right now, most of my decorations are more on the cutesy side...only because my kids are really young and get scared easily...but they aren't too cutesy that they shouldn't be up for halloween! If that even makes sense! lol.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My house is ...well, very Witchy for the Halloween season... Last year I made myself an entire series of apothecary labels for jars. It came out great. This years project is taking an old, large white Victorian birdcage and painting it black for my big old black bird to nest in! Can't wait! If you want to see cool Halloween decor and get the labels... visit:

Love Manor

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 7:56 AM on Sep. 1, 2010