Sleeping troubles and loss of energy

I can easily fall asleep, but when i get up in the middle of the night i have trouble falling back to sleep,i dont want to take perscription meds so if anyone have a sugestion i can sure use some. also im allways tired during the day so if you also have sugestions for that i sure can use some help there too. and thanks " please! no perscription meds"

pyrofyterwife

Asked by pyrofyterwife at 3:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Health

• wish i could help... i had the same problem recently and tried for several weeks to work through it and tried various things. none worked and i ended up with meds even though i really didn't want to take them. in the past melatonin has helped me regulate sleep cycles... not sure if this will help with the waking problem. avoid caffeine and sugar as much as possible. i also find that when i was fighting daytime sleepiness and didn't nap i had a worse time sleeping than when i just went ahead and took a nap... hope someone else has some good suggestions.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I have my my husband rub my back with black chamomile (SLEEP collection from Bath and body works). Usually lavender and chamomile lotions and sprays will help relax u. Also try drinking herbal tea at night or when you get up, celestrial Sleepytime tea has a lot of herbs that will help relax you. Lipton pyramids bags has a bedtime tea as well.
    guardwife10

Answer by guardwife10 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2010