Smarter men cheat less?

Heard this morning on "The Doctors": There's a new study out that says that the higher a man's IQ, the less likely he is to cheat. Do you believe this?

Asked by missanc at 3:39 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• I would have to agree. Smart men know that they will get caught and get into a lot of trouble.... my husband knows that half of everything he owns will go with me if he is dumb enough to cheat on me.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 3:42 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Sounds like somebody went fishing for some grant money and caught themselves a big one!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 3:42 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Hmmmm my hubbys not the smartest, but he doesn't cheat... O wait, maybe that makes him smart. ;) it is something to look into.

lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 3:41 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I don't think so.

My personal feeling is this.. Man/Woman.. Either are less likely to cheat if they are: happy, satisfied and fulfilled in/with their marriage and themselves.

It's personal discontent that usually brings about the choice to cheat. And anyone can be discontent/unhappy regardless of IQ.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:41 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I hope so.. my SO is so freakin smart! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• What about the president and politicians then? I'm sure you could classify them as "smart".
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:43 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• No..I believe that smart men are just smarter at getting away with it!!
    haha...then again..a smart man would just not cheat at all I spose. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Haha, it sure fits my situation! My ex wasn't the brightest crayon in the box and he cheated all the time. My husband is quite intelligent, and he's not a cheater (and, lol, I know this is true because I've known him since 6th grade, we were best friends growing up).

Maybe its because the smart guys are smart enough to realize what they have!!! ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• "It's personal discontent that usually brings about the choice to cheat. "

Not always. Some people are just insatiable. Trust me, I made sure my ex was more than content (he was absolutely spoiled) when we were together, and he just had to have every girl he saw.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• (lol, that last one should have been said with a wink, ;), since I meant it in fun, and not as a call out) :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2010