What are the signs of ADHD in young children

i was just wonderin what the sings of ADHA are because some of my family think i should get my son tested but im not real sure

Runt420

Asked by Runt420 at 3:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Both of my children have ADHD, I did notice they were more active then any other child their age. They also had diarrhea of the mouth, they never shut up. The FIRST thing I noticed with my dd was that, not only was she left handed, when she would be writing, halfway through her sentence she would physically move her body in her desk chair and finish the sentence. It was because her little brain could only handle so far and then she had to move to finish. It was the oddest behavior I have ever seen in a child.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 3:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My son has ADHD and he is constantly talking and moving. He can't sit still in school or anywhere else. He has to be moving at the dinner table and he's always talking. Even if you ask he to be quiet he still mumbles to himself. He literally can't shut up. He can't concentrate on any one thing for long either. When he was younger he wouldn't sit still long enough for me to read a whole book to him and you could forget watching a whole TV program, even 10 min. cartoons were too long to keep his attention.
    BobbieB

Answer by BobbieB at 3:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• adhd is best diagnosed once a child has started school
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• geting mad they will have trouble but adhd happens school is were it starts
    rave88

Answer by rave88 at 9:56 AM on Sep. 3, 2010