WOULD YOU LEAVE IF....................................................

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOUR SO IS SUPPOSE TO BE THE MAN MAN OF THE HOUSE BUT HE CAN'T HANDLE FINANCES, ( HE MESSED YOU UP FINANCIALY AS WELL, TO THE POINT YOU CAN'T EVEN OPEN A BANK ACCOUNT.), AND EVERY TIME YOU BRING UP AND ISSUE ( WITHOUT YELLING) IT ALWAYS ENDS UP IN AN ARGUMENT (REGARDLESS OF HOW CALMLY YOU ADDRESS THE ISSUE). AND IT LIKE THIS REPEATEDLY. WOULD YOU LEAVE??????????

nisi48

Asked by nisi48 at 3:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• Yes.
    rivmom

Answer by rivmom at 3:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• no... if i still loved him, money is just money. and the number one reason is money... dont be a statistic. work it out. tell him if he wants this marriage to work. you need to talk about this. if he still doesnt want to listen, then leave.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• No. I would seek financial counseling. I married for richer and poorer and meant my vows. Maybe he was never taught how to balance his budget or maybe you should take over.
    Anonymous

• I'm in that very situation right now...and I haven't left yet. I've thrown a fit and now am in charge of the finances. He brings his checks to me and I give him what he needs day to day. It's hard, and we're in a major slump but things will get better. I love him and I'm not leaving over money...
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 3:42 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• That is a tough one. Is finances the only problem, if so then you might have to take charge of the money. Is he working? If the answer is yes then make sure he gives you his share of the household bills, etc. Maybe he feels embarrassed at his problems/situation and dosen't know how to talk to you about it. But on the other hand if he is a complete bum and doesn't do anything to help you and there is no change in him at all, KICK HIM IN TO THE CURB.
    mom2candy

Answer by mom2candy at 3:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• If you are married to him, no. If you aren't married to him, yes.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:58 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• really why ask people on here for what you should do in your liffe its a decision that you will have to actually make on your own
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• In most relationships there is someone that is good with money and who is not so good. When I was married I took care of the bills, buget and all other things money. It is the same thing in my current relationship. I make a budget, list of needs and wants and we follow.
    I am also the one that stays home with the kids, he has no problem with letting deal with the finaces because he know he is not very good.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't leave him. i would just do the bills myself, and if i had to, get financial advice.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Yes--fiscal responsibility eventually destroys relationships. No matter how much you love someone, the need to be secure always takes over.

If you can't trust someone with your finances-----you really have no other alternative but to leave--unless you are ok with being financially unsound.
    JezebelKel

Answer by JezebelKel at 4:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2008