Staffing Agency?

How do you guys feel about staffing agencies?? Waste of time or worth going to an interview..

DNR

Asked by DNR at 3:50 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Money & Work

• That is how I got my last job. I worked there for 7 years and was promoted many times :)
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 3:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• That's actually how I got the majority of my jobs. Be care, though, in that most of the jobs aren't jobs that will lead somewhere and don't pay much more than minimum wage. If you're looking for jobs that are high paying and have opportunity to be hired in, try Office Team. They're the best staffing agency that I ever worked for and the only one that seemed to care about matching me to jobs I could have some responsibility doing.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• It depends on the agency and their track record. My SO got his current job through a staffing agency, a lot of companies have started hiring that way.
    ShadowRaven

Answer by ShadowRaven at 4:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• You mean a temp agency? Legitimate way to find work. I got my current job through one. I started working as a temp on May 22, 2003 and got hired as a full time employee on September 15, 2003 (yes, sadly I can remember that, but I can't remember the date my DH proposed, haha).
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 4:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• It depends on the agency, your skills and your experience. The good ones offer free software training.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:22 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• thats how hubby got hsi old job the called him from one he had gon to apply into so i think they are fine
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 10:33 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• They have their pros and cons. Find out what you can about the agency
    Dolotuc

Answer by Dolotuc at 12:05 PM on Sep. 3, 2010