Obama Spammers, please stop trying to convert non-christians

Every time I get on the internet, people are forwarding all the crap out there about Obama being a muslim one way or another. That because he has a muslim parent and may have been exposed to the religion as a young child he is supposed to secretly be some "American-hating muslim." This means that if you profess to be a christian and were anything else before you found Jesus, even just a "heathen," your conversion cannot possibly be valid. If you forward this crap AND spend time trying to "convert" others to your christianity, please stop, because according to the spam-forward-ers, no one can receive god and mean it. You can't have it both ways, people. And isn't it judging to profess to know what is in someone else's heart? Isn't that prohibited in the handbook?

roachiesmom

Asked by roachiesmom at 3:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• They're just trolls trying to scare people. Don't listen to them =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:37 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• If he is a Muslim and is hiding it, it's a very valid concern! It's no big deal if he's open about his beliefs, but if he's hiding it, what's not concerning about that? For the record, the constitution allowed freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion, if you don't like it, don't read it!

Anonymous

• As a conservative Christian... I am sorry for the things that are being put out there because it is making those of us who are loving Christians (followers of Christ) look really bad. If there are Christians reading this who are putting things out about Obama that are not true, please stop. You may think you are helping the cause of Christ but it's not, it is only hurting it and closing doors to share about Christ that may never be re-opened. As a McCain supporter who has done her research....Obama is not a muslim. His father and step-father were but were out of his life very early. He was raised by his grandparents who were christian.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• cont: He now professes to be Christian and that is something we cannot judge (God knows his heart and the truth). He goes to a Christian church. We may not agree with what one of his past pastors said but he is no longer a part of that church. So please, stop spreading lies and untruths... that is not the way to win the election or to show the love God has put into us to show.
    bonn777

• Great post, Roachiesmom!  Though I'm sure those who are ignorant won't appreciate it. <sigh>

To Anonymous above:

There is no reason to hide being a Muslim. Whether to be a Muslim or not is a decision made by each individual, and Obama has clearly not made that decision since he has been a church-goer for many years. If he actually claimed to be Muslim, given his history and actions, Muslims wouldn't even believe it. Part of being a Muslim includes openly declaring your faith as a Muslim, not going around pretending you aren't one!

Turquoise5

Answer by Turquoise5 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Anonymous, I most certianly DO have freedom from religion. it was not the Founder's intent to force anyone to choose from among a list of choices in which they do not believe.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• bonn, Thank you. and I'd like to ad d that while I may disagree with it, I support your right to choice to vote for McCain because it's not based in lied and hysteria.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:47 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• bonn777, I also want to thank you. Ditto what auto said.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 5:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• eh, just ignore it. i am athiest/whatever and i have people trying to convert me every day, just smile, nod and go along your marry way...the delete button is handy too!
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 5:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Amazing how christians say that they don't judge people, but yet we get all this junk on the internet about it. Since we have a seperation of church and state, I don't really care what any religion anyone is.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 11, 2008