What medicine is ok to take for pain while pregnant?

I have no clue where the pain is. My friend was asking me what meds were ok to take during the 2nd trimester for pain. I have tried to find out where the pain is but no reply. I thought tyendol was the only thing I could take but it's been 2 years since I was pregnant. I said to call the dr to be sure.

pinnapple

Asked by pinnapple at 4:03 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I asked when I was just pregnant this spring and they said that Tylenol was fine, but not Advil or Aspirin.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 4:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• tylenol

they haven't done enough studies on it to say yes or no totally but the recommendation on ibuprofen is that it's somewhat OK during the 2nd trimester but NOT the 3rd or 1st. Some drs will say ibuprofen is OK while others say no. So since they don't know for sure, I'd avoid it and just stick with the tylenol.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 4:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• The pain meds that use acetaminophen are good
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 4:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Unless things have changed in the past 4 years (when my last was born) regular Tylenol was ok to take for pain. I do think she should call her doctor and see what is safe to take.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Tylenol is the only thing I heard
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 4:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yup, Tylenol! That's the best thing to take. I know for SEVERE pain issues people who were given stronger meds by their doctors, but in general Tylenol is the thing to take.
    Kisses4Henry

Answer by Kisses4Henry at 4:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Tylenol is all that i ever was allowed to take.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• They say tylenol but it is not legal to do drug trials on pregnant women....
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 4:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Tylenol
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 4:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Tylenol only Ibuprofen in the third trimester can cause problems with the fetus and or delivery or so I was told by my pharmacist cause I asked what I could take cause my baby was on my nerve.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 5:49 PM on Aug. 31, 2010