how old were your kids when they were potty trained

my first son was almost 4 and my second is almost 3 and he shows no interest in the potty is that normal

3_lovely_boys

Asked by 3_lovely_boys at 4:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son was 3.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My son was about 3 and his sister was about 1 /2 when he started this and she just had to do it too!!!!! It has been a very competitive relationship between the 2 of them! However, he didn't take long to potty train at all and it seemed like forever for her. I guess he won that one!
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 4:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I would say after doing all that I did to train her... she was three but in reality, she had been ready for some time before I relized.
    MomlovesRed

Answer by MomlovesRed at 4:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• 21 mos. Throw the word normal out. When it comes to peoples' interest, there is no normal. He doesn't see anything fun with the potty. Neither do I. Lol. It's just a toilet. Why bother when he has diapers? I wouldn't worry. But since potty usage we all like to happen sooner than later, you have to make him interested in the potty. Praise, routine, excitement, etc. Role models help to so let him see others go and get some potty books made for kids.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 4:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• 6 and before anyone freaks out my son has special needs.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• 2.5. It took 4 days.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• my son was 18 months, and my daughter was 3, kids are totally different, so they are "ready" at different ages.
    mimi66

Answer by mimi66 at 4:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My ds just turned 3 and has zero interest in learning to go potty. His brother is special needs and took until the age 5 (a little over) to potty train. We have purchased an Elmo potty book with chart and video in hopes of inspiring him lol.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• my daughter was 2 when potty trained during the day, we are still working the night.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 10:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• we are abnormal, we did EC and both my girls (now nearly 2 years and 3 years old) were diaper free between 6 and 9 months... they both take themselves potty... only my 1 year old needs help wiping...
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:42 PM on Aug. 31, 2010