Don't you just LOVE homework time??? :)

Do you, really?
Cause...I DON"T!!!!!!!!!
LOL.
I'm trying.
Smile Kim.Smile. :)
See...I'm smiling,lol.
Sigh.
Heres cheers to yet another school year ladies.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 4:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• honestly we don't believe in HW, regardless of what the school wants.
    We don't come home after working 8 hours and do MORE work (most of the time), so why should they.
    My boys are Special Needs, they have a long day as it is just trying to get along at school. When they get home the meds are wearing off, they are tired, whiny and forcing HW is just a stress on the whole household. In addition to that, I'm not a trained educator, I don't know alot of this stuff the older kids bring home. So I'm sorry, but the boys will do there best, complete what they can to best of their ability, but if they can't and its proving to cause problems at home, then we stop. They do well in school itself and will still pass his grade in the end.

Its not worth family and home troubles to do a few confusing math problems that no one at home knows how to do. Keep school at school and let them be kids and relax when they get home.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:01 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Haven't had any yet this year- but you have my sympathies!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I have to say - knock on wood - that to date (10th grade, 8th grade, and 3rd grade) we only had ONE year with ONE kid where it was an issue. 3rd grade for my oldest... other than that... they come home, do what needs to be done... and that is that. I dont even check it any more.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Oh no, I HATE having to come home and help with homework. My 7th grader's math homework is just.... sadistic. It's a photocopied page with all these geometric symbols hung on it like a flow chart. Usually there's some hint like "All the values equal 147" and "the square is bigger than the circle" and we have to figure out the value of each shape. If it was 3-4, it would be easier, but most nights, there are EIGHT shapes. Last night, we spent THREE HOURS trying to solve it and never got the same answers twice. He was hitting his head against the wall andcalling himself stupid and I was crying before we both gave up, stapled all his scratch paper to it and called it good.

And it's not like I'm an idiot. I did well in math, but these things are cruel
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:42 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• OH NO!! Don't tell me about 7th grade math! Thats it..I'm resigning as homework helper before he gets to the 7th grade, LOL.
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 5:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I don't think it is that bad. My kids don't really have that much.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• @gemini... I can relate. I actually cheated on a HW assignment last year. He was sposed to make his own dreamcatcher and I just gave up and bought a premade dream catcher, cuz I knew I was going to be the one actually doing most of the work and in the end it turned out the teacher didn't really look at them with more than a passing glance. She just wanted to see they did it, so it would have been a collossal waste of time given the amount of energy she put into looking at the projects the kids brought in. So ya I was a bad example in that instance, but sometimes to get over a mountain its easier to just walk around it if the effort isn't going to be worth it.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:05 AM on Sep. 1, 2010