Is Clomid something you'd recommend? adult content

My hubby's sperm count is a bit lower than normal but doesn't make it impossible to conceive. We have concieved once before; just this past spring but, sadly, m/c and was told we could try again as soon as we were emotionally and I was physically, ready to. My cycles are regular and are from 28-29 days long with visible signs of being more fertile so we can time our intercourse accordingly.
Is Clomid a drug of choice for regulating a period, but also to aid in helping a woman to become pregnant as well?

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 4:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Clomid is an ovulation stimulant. I am on Metformin and soon to be on Clomid. The metformin will regulate my hormones from PCOS and the clomid will help me ovulate. I think that you should be fine not on anything. Clomid raises your chances of eptopic pregnancy as well as multiples. If he has a low sperm count he is the one that needs to be on something. That is just what my dr has told me. Also I think they wait til your clinically Infertal to give these drugs.

homemaker4him

Answer by homemaker4him at 4:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I would recommend Clomid with the understanding that their is a possibility of multiples! for years I wasnt having a period, most women said i was lucky....I didnt think so cuz I was trying to conceive so they finally put me on clomid and I got pregnant in 2 mon. When I decided to have another child I was put on clomid again cuz I still was not having a period even after the birth of my child. I got pregnant after 3 mon with twins, but keep in mind the longer u take the drug the more stimulated ur ovaries become, so make sure u take it exactly how its directed cuz for 2 mon I took it slightly wrong. You are supposed to start taking it on the first day of ur period(meaning flow) not first day of spotting. For 2 months I started it at the first sign of spotting the 3 mon I took it correctly when I actually had flow!! HOPE THIS HELPS!

LiLMaMa573

Answer by LiLMaMa573 at 5:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2010