Are you a fan of the back-less booster seats?

I bought one for my daughter who will be 5 soon. Just curious if others had feedback on them.

mommytobrooke

Asked by mommytobrooke at 4:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I personally am not a fan because they flop over when they fall alseep and slide around in them in they aren't chubby. I use a 5 point in my van and car. However we do have two backless ones on hand for grandparents, aunts, or baby sitters who take them for the day or pick up from preschool. I can stick it in his backpack when I drop him off at preschool and know whatever relative who picks him up will be covered.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 4:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• As long as it boosts them up enough so that the seat-belt is not across their neck- it's doing it's job & it works for me. Esp. since they are lightweight & portable.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:22 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i have the backed boaster seats i love them cause they hold the belt down from their necks
    Tinkerbell80

Answer by Tinkerbell80 at 4:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I have the backless seat. Somedays i love it, other days I think I made a mistake in getting it. Johns soo tiny, it worries me.. Im thinking we are going to get a backed one soon.......... although it keeps him safe, I just dont like it.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 4:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I prefer the booster seats with a back and so does our son. He says it hurts his back to ride for a long time without the back.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Nope. We won't use them until it is absolutely necessary.
    alexsmomaubrys2

Answer by alexsmomaubrys2 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• We have them for our girls. We tried them with the back on in our truck and they didn't fit. The back seat in the truck doesn't recline at all and it was pushing the backs of the boosters forward so the girls felt like they were leaning forward and were very uncomfortable so we took them off. They fit fine without the backs on them (they are 10 and almost 8).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:27 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• They seem to be so uncomfortable
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 9:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My dd is 6.5 and still uses a high back and is harnessed. I won't use a backless one unless I have no other options.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• We have one of each.....without a back for DH's truck and one with a removable back for my car. I recently asked DS if he wanted me to take the back off or leave it on. He said off so I did, a week later he asked me to put it back on because it's more comfortable with the back.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 11:39 PM on Aug. 31, 2010