Gassy 3 1/2month old

My lil man will be 4 months on the 15th. He was 9 lbs when he was born and up to 14 1/2 at 2 months. He eats about 8 oz every 6-8 hrs. He is suddenly very gassy and has a bloated belly. Does anyone have any suggestions? Mylicon does not work for him an I feel like we use a bottle of gripe water a week...

dannymomma

Asked by dannymomma at 3:37 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• some babies are just gassier then others. THats what the docs told me. is he uncomfortable? in pain? does he have crying spells? if not, t hen he's just a gassy lil man, I have one who is gonna b 4 months on the 14th as well. I also use the gripe water but it doesn't seem to do anything either. Try more tummy time for him, let the presser on his belly help some. GL
    mia480

Answer by mia480 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Try different bottles. That could be the problem...the bottles could get too much air and give him gas. Good luck
    hailee2006

Answer by hailee2006 at 4:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Hi mama - I am so sorry - poor baby! I would check out this article - http://www.thelaboroflove.com/articles/how-to-burp-your-baby/
    GL!
    Tara
    ashwinsmommy

Answer by ashwinsmommy at 4:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Make sure he is not allergic to his formula - if he is formula fed. You can switch to soy without worry. It has the same nutrients as the regular kind but babies usually aren't allergic. My grandson had the same problem at 4 months. The soy worked for him.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 5:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I've just found that with some of my friends baby's that if you let your baby sleep at an incline (like in a bouncy seat or somthing like that) the gas gets better for some reason. Maybe try that and see if it helps.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:10 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Thanks ladies....he does cry and is helped when I rub his belly...we have 3 dif kinds of bottles as well...I made sure dadda burped him after every few oz with this last bottle and he seems ok....hopefully it was just the past few days and can be blamed on lack of burping:)
    dannymomma

Answer by dannymomma at 7:14 PM on Oct. 11, 2008