my husband is deployed, what do i get for christmas?

I am clueless on what to send him. . .we have a stocking for him, but i'm not sure what to fill it with. . i want to put a bunch of little things in it. hes not big on candy, and we don't have a lot of money for little electronics. . .any suggestions? I know I should find something that he likes and stuff, but i've already sent him a bunch of stuff!! I guess I didn't think about christmas. . lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Shopping

• Cookies, powdered drink mixes, chap stick, insoles for shoes. :) Those are all things that my husband and other friends have asked for. I also bought a tiny tree and sent it to the my husband and the guys in the shop. I hope you are able to get some other answers also, also tell him thank you for his service to our country, and think you for standing among the silent ranks :)
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Mine has missed three Christmases and this will be his fourth.

I always send a little tree with patriotic ornaments and stuff a stocking with paperbacks and personal items. He can always use his favorite razors, probably needs a new tooth brush by then....that kind of stuff. He's not a big candy eater but loves nuts, jerkey and gum.

I also send games--there are some cheapies at WalMart like Yahtzee and Trivial Pursuit, card games, etc....it's old school but fun. A bunch of small, inexpensive little presents will be more fun to open than just a few expensive presents. Another nearly free thing you can send would be a dvd of some home movies of the kids and the house decorated for christmas if you have a video cam and can burn a disk. You can tape family and friends wishing him Merry Christmas.
    MojitoMama

Answer by MojitoMama at 5:18 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Here is what I did last year for my Hubby while he was deployed last year.... Pictures! Have a gal pal you are close and comfortable take some sexy and classy pics of you in front of the xmas tree... sit in side a big box wrapped as a gift... have fun with it! Then print them out and make him a small scrap book! Then I made a mixed CD like we did back in high school of all kinds of songs that had some sort of meaning to us.. I started with the song we danced to on our wedding day, then songs that were popular during our childhood, and other ones that had inside jokes or meanings that only the 2 of us would get.
    Anonymous

• cont..
    I also made a coupon book for him to use when he got home that had things like me making the meal of his choice (which is a HUGE task), me doing the dished naked, and other fun silly stuff. I also then got everyone in his family to chip in at least $5 bucks and we all got him an iTunes gift card. With that everyone wrote him a "fortune Cookie" note and I put them all on fun papers and made a fortune cookie out of felt and put them inside. There are TONS more that you can do! HAVE FUN!!!!!
    Anonymous

• My husband has been gone for almost all of the last 5 Christmas. We like to keep it simple mostly because they have to often carry around the things they have from place to place or the space they have it limited. It most cases everyone has access to a TV, weather it is a private one or a shared one. And we know that he misses me and the kids. So we use a recorder and make a video of each of us telliing him about what we miss about him. And I cut in lots of things the kids have done over the last few months that he missed. And on mine I talk to him about what I wish for us in the coming year, etc. His roommates and shipmates really like them because they think it is funny to watch the kids do the funny stuff that kids do. And he gets all sappy. It is big gifts in little packages!
    alwaysathomemom

Answer by alwaysathomemom at 11:10 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Send him some cheap dorky stuff...if he wears glasses send him a little repair glasses kit (dollar store) a small sewing kit for emergencies (dollar store) some nerdy geeky guy stuff like small flashlights...a magazine...just some ideas.
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 11:52 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Go get some sexy pics taken. And send him little comforts that he'd have if he were home. Homemade cookies and that kind of stuff. My hubby was working in alaska for the whole summer and I sent him pics, his fav candy and cookies and a PSP with some movies so he'd have something to do when he wasn't busy.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:42 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Maybe you could go on my website to see if there's anything that you might be interested in, for him. Just an idea.
    rosebud1221

Answer by rosebud1221 at 1:16 AM on Oct. 26, 2008