roseola any one?

hi i have a 26m old and he got roseola. anyones kids ever get that b4? how do they get it?

lukesmomma1979

Asked by lukesmomma1979 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Its just one of those childhood viruses that pretty much ever kid gets. Fortunately they get it only once. Good luck momma!
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 4:42 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My son had it twice. It's a very common childhood virus and it was really no big deal. Hope he feels better soon!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My son had it when he was 6 months old. High fever, funky rash. Don't know how he got it but I know its common and they get over it.Good Luck..hope baby feels better soon :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My DD got it at the same time she caught RSV. Not a good week at all for us. We have daycare to thank.

The worst of it is the high fever at the start. The rash can look bad, but it doesn't itch or seem to bother them.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:55 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• my daughter had it a month ago.. the dr told me its normal for kids to get it.. she just woke up with a fever 1 day.. she doesn't go to daycare or nothing.. everything will be ok!! :)
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Just to share... My toddler got sick with a high fever, loss of appetite, and he developed a rash on day 4 (also the first day his temp was almost normal) because of the rash I took him in to get checked for strep (my oldest got a rash like that with strep) Doc said she thought it might be roseola. They did a throat swab and rapid test for strep just in case which was negative so they sent it off to be SURE.... turns out it was not strep OR roseola... it was staph and he had to be put on a pretty strong antibiotic, have his toys bleached, tooth brushes changed, etc... Not cool but I'm glad they caught it and discovered what it was.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 5:49 PM on Aug. 31, 2010