If you were an almost 30 year old going back to school in a couple weeks and you wanted to get some outfits

Where would you shop and what style of clothes would you buy?

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 4:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Shopping

• Defintely comfort. Good fitting jeans, tops that are comfortable (maybe even a couple of things you can layer over if its chilly in the classroom), and comfy shoes to trecking across campus. And a good book bag that doesn' dig in with weight in it.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 4:53 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Comfy clothes. I wore just jeans, tees, and flip flops when I went to community college. My first day I thought it was awesome I could do school in flip flops since obviously we couldn't in H.S.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I agree with the other two posters - I pretty much see jeans, t-shirts and flip flops as the regular college attire.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Why do you need new clothes for school?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:03 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Why not?
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 8:42 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I'm a huge fan of Target for clothes, but for some cute casual school wear, you could try Old Navy or Kohls.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 7:03 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Old Navy or American Eagle would be a good place to shop. Jeans, tshirts, hoodies, sweatshirts. Comfy shoes, boots if you live in a cold climate. Things are pretty casual now. My DH is 40 and went back to school and he dresses casual.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:00 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I would buy casual clothes in whatever still is in right now. Marshall's and TJ's maxx price are pretty good for current style at a cheap price.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 2:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2010