Have you ever done this?

grow out your hair just to WACK IT off...lol
here we are in August well the last day that is and I have notcutmy hair since Jan. I think I am ready now to maybe give it a fresh trim. I had it trimmed to my shoulders now it's grown to my mid back. The only down fall of my long hair is that it is very thin unless I put moose in it to the roots that is. I have wavy/curl to my hair so it does not look to thin but... I know it's thin :(
Thanks for any tips ladies!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• As a hair stylist, I would advise if your hair is very fine/thin, you should try to always keep it collar bone length or shorter. it will look the thickest if you chin length, but I know that's scary for a lot of women. :)
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 4:50 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I used to grow my hair really long and then chop it all off, and I mean ALL OFF, like a very short bob. I love it for about two weeks then I'm wishing for my hair to hurry up and grow back. I've decided I'm not cutting it short again for a long while.
    I prefer long hair, honestly.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 4:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• yes..I grew it out during prego time and then my son had a hellish stay in the NICU. I had it cut into a pixie just to be easy and people instantly thought my baby had died...I guess cutting your hair off is a sign of mourning in many cultures...
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 4:53 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• That's the story of my life. I cut it then I let it grow in.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• isn't that why all women grow their hair, so we can chop it off ??

i'd agree with the first pp..if you've got thin hair, its best to keep it around the length she said, and in a foundationally blunt cut. you can slide a bit here or there with layers, or razors to texture, just don't go crazy.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I only cut my hair a couple of times a year. I have thick hair though.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 8:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• lol karamille too the words right out of my mouth.. almost word for word. lol.

I'm a stylist, and have thin hair. wavy/curly, as well. I use a root boaster for volumizing and different cuts help give the appearance of volume (like hidden pencil razor cuts add a little boast).

No longer than the top of your breasts.. any longer and it'll look like string beans. And that's only if it's thin with medium texture.. if it's fine and thin, go no longer than the collar bone or shoulder length. Pending on your face shape, your stylist will find a look that best suits your face, to give you a great hair cut.

(if you know your face shape.. pm me and I will e-mail you some cuts that should look good).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• and yes I do this a lot.. (grow it out only to cut it)..

like to woman above said.. I'm growing mine out while I'm pregnant. With my daughter I had shorter hair and remember looking like hell in the hospital because it's naturally curly (and you naturally sweat when having a baby, etc etc etc).. anyways, I figure with longer hair maybe I won't look like such a mess for the pics of me holding the baby for the first time, lol. (honestly the few pics I have I have stashed in a private album.. the rest of her pics of just her or her with everyone else are in an album for everyone to see, because I looked soo aweful in those pics, lol).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I wish my would grow
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:48 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• yes! i do that every year lol.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 11:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2010