Is your DD a tom boy?

My DD is only three years old and today I took her to play group and noticed how much of a tom boy she is compared to the other little girls her age. I love it! lol I love that she's not prissy and she likes to be active and rugged most of the time. She doesn't exactly get rough with the boys (yet) but she definitely shows her masculine side more than her feminine side. lol I love it!

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 4:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• She was. She would climb and run with the best of them.... and I NEVER held her back. I now have a BEAUTIFUL 15 yr old... and she can take you down on the soccer field... then put on heels and dance all night long. I think it is good for girls not to be too prissy.... there is time later for that.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 5:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• No offense to anyone who has a girly daughter there is nothing wrong with that, but I love the idea that my DD could care about things other than make up and clothes as she gets older and that she could be more pro active.
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 5:03 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My 5-yr-old is a total tomboy. She refuses to wear anything else but boy clothes, she wants to be batman for halloween and her two best friends are boys!! I do like that she's active, loves sports etc, but I love dresses on little girls and she doesn't!!!!
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 5:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Mine are a little of both. My oldest girl is six, and she is pretty rough and tumble... she has never been into princesses and frills- she likes animals, dinosaurs, and things like that. Just lately she is interested in clothes but she doesn't gravitate to the traditionally 'girlie' clothes (she actually wants to wear a lot of hand me downs from her brother- sharks and dinos on t-shirts.) My youngest is a little more 'girly' in terms of liking pink and jewelry and things like that, but she also likes to play with dinosaurs and animals and more unisex toys. I have this theory that a lot of it has to do with the gender of the oldest child. Out of my group of friends, the 'girly girls' tend to be onlies or the oldest of their family, out of my friends the tomboys are the little sisters of boys. Has anyone else noticed that or is it just my friends?
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My dd wears alot of girly-type clothes but she just gets them dirty by the end of the day. lol
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 5:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• all 4 of our girls are girly, dresses, makeup, ribbons and bows. but when it comes to playing outside they might as well be boys,
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My first daughter is SOOOOOOO girly, and my second daughter is SUCH an aggressive tom boy. LOL. I just love how different their personalities can be!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 6:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I hope not I have 5 boys and 1 one girl so I don't need any more boys.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:35 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Oh yea she gets dirty and acts like a boy at times then she is a girl hair dos and dressed lol they r fun to be a round
    pamnjim

Answer by pamnjim at 8:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2011