20 months

Wow what happened to my sweet lil boy...he will be 20 months tomorrow and for the past two days has been a total terror for me. Now for his daddy he is perfectly fine! Of course a lot has to do that he comes with me to work (i work at a daycare) all day then comes home to see his dad 5 min before he goes into work (he is a pizza delivery man). I am just at my wits end with him though. It got so bad today at work that I had his daddy come get him. He just seems to not want to listen AT ALL. And he is a very smart child. If asked to set down or do something usually does but not for the past 2 days. It was so bad last night that I even took his binky away as punishment b/c timeouts and spankings weren't doing any good. I was so stressed today and last night that I literally just broke down and cried. Seemed to get my sons attention though. Is this normal behavior for a 20 month old? TO just not want to listen anymore?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 5:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They normally do not listen well for their main caregiver but they are angels for everyone else.

It's a phase. It will pass. Take a breath and know that we all go thru it at some point in time.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Welcome to terrible two's. They can be totally brick-headed. As my Mother aways reminds me when I'm ready to choke one of my boys...
    JUST REMEMBER THEY'RE PRACTICING TO BE HUSBANDS.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 5:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2010