do you keep all your child's schoolwork/papers?

my ds is in kindergarten, and i know i won't keep EVERYTHING he brings home throughout his school years, but i kinda want to keep these..to see how he progressed at the end of the year.

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 5:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I kept everything in an under-the-bed box, then at the end of the school year I chose my favorites and got rid of the rest. I'll do the same this year.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Scan them into a file on your computer. That way you don't have to keep the actual papers (except the really good ones).
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:31 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• It all adds up after yrs. Go by I am ready to get the not so important ones away it gets to cluttery take the first advice I am...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I toss most of them. I do keep a box at the top of the closet and throw papers in it..especially if my dd wants to keep them. At the end of the year i throw most of them away.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Not a chance. But we homeschool so keeping everything would require building another room onto the house just to archive it all.
    But, when the kids do a really great picture or write an awesome essay or something, I put each page in a page protector and then put it in a 3 ring binder. So we have a 3 ring binder per year for all the kids' work that we are keeping. And if we run out of room, we have to pick something else to take out. If the items are one-sided, I can put 2 in each page protector and still see all their work.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 5:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Before computers in my life happened anfd I still don't scan them I have boxes of my dd's stuff a few years ago I went and had them all shrunk down 2 pages onto one. I keep only what I think is the good stuff and toss the rest. I hear you can also take pictures of the papers and keep them that way so far I still have boxes of stuff.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I saved all of them, now we are moving soon, and I will need to go through them....Im worried! I dont even want to open that box! Dont keep all of them! That box is sitting up there with 100's of papers in it, and going through it is going to be absolutely awful....I am gonna start just keeping special papers.....
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 5:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My mother used to take pictures of them and I decided to update that and scan them all. I plan to keep a few things he likes a lot and a few things I like, but other then that I am just posting them on the fridge for a couple days and then scanning them.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I keep all htir writing journals and special mothers day cards and such but wow could you imagine if youo kept everything?
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 9:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• oh..another good reason to buy a scanner! LOL!
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 5:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2010