would you say labor is soon? was your second labor around the same as your first?

this is my second pregnancy, im 36weeks 6days and my doc told me today im almost 2cm and between 50 and 70% effaced, and she can feel babys head very low. im in so much pain in my pelvic area i can hardly walk, and im having cramps and lower back pain and have been losing my plug for 2 days. what would you think? and yes i know every babys diffrent, just for fun what would your guess be? was your second around the same as your first?
my first pregnacy i was told i was 1cm and 50% at 36 3day visit, i had my son at 37 weeks, he was a healthy 6lb 13oz.

mrsaustin271

Asked by mrsaustin271 at 5:43 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sounds like your baby is coming! it can still be several days though. i was 4cm dialated and 90% effaced (at 37wks) with my third for 8 days. when i finally went into labor though, it was extremely fast. from the 1st contraction until i held him my arms: less than 2hrs. so be prepared! good luck :)
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 5:50 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Well I always had to be induced. Lol. My body won't go into labor naturally. Went 42 1/2 weeks the first time and was showing no signs of going into labor, Dr attempted to induce me three times over the course of a few weeks, starting at 39 weeks. I had something put in my vagina, then I went back had it done again and also had my membranes stripped (did nothing) and then the last time I was put on Pitocin. Baby was running out of amniotic fluid so they absolutely had to induce me. Next time she was breech, so when she flipped I had to be induced again. However at that time I was 39 weeks... and still not showing any signs of labor. My body will contract, but the contractions aren't strong enough to do anything. Shrug!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 5:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My oldest was 5 lbs, 10 oz 19 inches long at 36 weeks exactly. My labor was 4 hours long
    My youngest was 6 lbs, 10 oz 18 inches long at 37 weeks 2 days. My labor was 4.5 hours long.
    The youngest already trying to beat his older brother in everything!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:49 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My first was 10 days early and my second was 5 days early. Dilation, effacement etc. all mean absolutely nothing and are no indication of when labor will start. I refused internal exams for that very reason (my midwife actually only does them if you request any way). You are only 36 weeks for goodness sakes you are not even considered full term yet. Don't rush things and let that baby stay in there as long as they want.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• mine are 24 hors so far give or take an hour but both my kids 24.
    nikkole42

Answer by nikkole42 at 5:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• (aeneva) im not tring to rush my baby at all and i will be full term at 12am tonight so thats not that far away! i had my first son natural woke up to my water breaking in middle of night at37 weeks exactly and no i didnt rush him eather!! the question was are second babys labor and delivery pretty similiar.i also stated the question do you think it soon was just for fun!!! thanks every body else for the comments, they are fun to know!
    mrsaustin271

Comment by mrsaustin271 (original poster) at 6:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2010