Maybe I am just upset because I don't understand how someone can leave a comment like that...

A little background before I get to it : Over 2 years ago my husband was killed in a car accident ( our daughter was 1 1/2 and I was pregnant with our son) . My husband and I wasnt in love ( had love for each other for our children, but thats it). At the time of his death he was about to move in with his pregnant girlfriend ( 8 months between our kids) and I was ok with that ( I even have a friendly friendship with her now) . I started dating an amazing man who i can honestly say I love, like I have never loved anyone and we plan to be married in the near future, my children call him daddy and that is how he acts.

I posted on FB the other day " I can't imagine life being anymore perfect that it is right now" & a older cousin who I literally havent seen since I was about 6 years old commented and said " you would think it would be more perfect if ur husband wasnt dead" ... do think that was awful ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• well you were posting that where all your family could see? maybe you hurt some feelings?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Wow, thats just ridiculous. Sorry to say, but seems like your cousin is an asshole.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 5:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• The was more than awful, that was horrible. Horrible and nasty.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yeah that is awful..I am sure you rather him be alive even if you did not love him. Congrats on finding a great man. Thats wonderful...Just be thankful for what you have and don't let hateful people ruin your happiness! Its very sad he died though. BUT you do not need to feel bad you are happy!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 5:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Well, I really don't know quite what to think of that.....It's honest, but it isn't really neccesary either hmmmm.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I would have posted "You do remember that he was moving in with his pregnant girlfriend at the time of his death, right? Things were far from perfect. Yes, my kids' dad being would be a wonderful thing, but he's gone and we have no choice but to move on"
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:52 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Well first that was OVER 2 years ago what are you supposed to do never love again? I could see if it had been only a couple months or something. Very ridiculous and uncalled for. My father passed when I was 18 and my mother remarried when I was 21. My parents had a VERY happy marriage before his accident. Everyone was thrilled she had found some one to make her happy again or at least they seemed to be. I don't care if she did post it for the whole family to see it has been 2 years for goodness sake let her move on!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:53 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I would send her this pic...
    flip-off stewie Pictures, Images and Photos

I think it sums up your feelings exactly.

She is a attention whore looking for a score....unfriend her and move on... she is a total bitch and you don't need that kind of drama in your life.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Wow, sleepingbeautee that's a be drastic, don't you think?

Some people might think that your husband should've been the perfect time in your life. That the life you shared with him should've been better then anything you could have now. It sounds to me as though she was just trying to express that. Even if it was a little passive aggressive. I'm thinking that maybe she doesn't see how you can call this moment in your life perfect seeing as your husband has passed. However, regardless of his passing, before that you two were moving apart from one another. Starting new lives with different people, so to you, you don't might not see it as wrong to post that your moment now is perfect. To her it may seem that you're forgetting that he died, when you're just moving on from what had happened.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I don't think it is too drastic at all. The cousin is just plain rude! She is judging the OP and pushing her beliefs on her.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:21 PM on Aug. 31, 2010