Moving out

i am now going to be moving out into a better palce for my son. My question to you is, "Do you think that a January 5th move date is realistic?" I will be saving $1000 a month i just started last week. So i have 200. Do ladies think i should save for a few more months? I really wanna move then to start my new year off in a better place.

EttaMay

Asked by EttaMay at 5:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Money & Work

• well depending on how much you make in a mon but yes the rent is expencive adn well i think it would be best to save up a little more. if you only save up 1000 dollars well that will basically only cover the deposit usually the first month you have to pay the one month in advance (the deposit) and then you need to pay the first month rent.so if you are saying its 1000 dollars for rent you would be having to pay 2000 that first month. and in case anyhting happens you wont have any more saved up i think you should save up a little longer unless you are usre you can do it just remember you will have to be paying for utilities for groceries adn everything else that you and yoru son will need.
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 10:22 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I think it depends on a lot of things. How expensive is housing where you live, are you looking at a house or apartment, buying or renting... those answers could mean very different answers
    R_Kay

Answer by R_Kay at 5:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I live with my In-Laws..... with 2 girls under 2. I would move out tomorrow if I could but we really need to save money- to rent we need security deposit money 1st months rent, deposit money for the utility companies and all our other bills too. sigh. Maybe in 6 months!
    Ameliamomo2

Answer by Ameliamomo2 at 6:05 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Save up as much money as you possibly can before making your move. You never know when an emergency will arise, and you will be happy to have a nice savings to fall back on. If you "can" stay where you are now, do it for as long as possible.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 6:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• well i am just starting out and i will be renting a apartment. I live in an urban area. I have to stay close to this area because my son is already in school around here. where i live they are listed as having the 5th highest rents in nation. I am sure i can afford no more 1000 a month. And i have been reseraching(looking at apartments) so this is a realistic rent in my area.
    EttaMay

Comment by EttaMay (original poster) at 6:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• It does depend on a lot of things, like a previous post mentioned. The expense of your housing, utilities, moving costs, etc. Generally speaking that's a nice goal for a cheap place to live, but not neccisarily for something more expensive.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• We must live in the same kind of area cuz i need all that too!! but i feel like if i push my self...i can do it. Rent is so high around here.
    EttaMay

Comment by EttaMay (original poster) at 6:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• save up as much as you can. good luck!
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 11:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• It wouldn't hurt. You never know when something will happen and have an extra expense. You just never know what might come up.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:08 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I will be saving 1,100 dollars a month for the next 4 to 6months. I think i should be alright. Yes at frist i will have an adjustment period. But i think i can do it. For me its about saving up enough money to get into the place. furniture and all that can come later. And even the month to month bill dont really worry me. I have a good secure job. I was just asking about how much yall think i might need for the intial move.
    EttaMay

Comment by EttaMay (original poster) at 11:13 AM on Sep. 2, 2010