lost weight during pregnancy?

I am currently 30 weeks pregnant. up untill my 28th week I ate like CRAP.. pretty much anything i craved I ate (pizza, ice cream, lasagna, etc)

So two weeks ago I decided to straighten myself out and stuck to a chicken, brown rice, veggie, oatmeal, swet potato, etc diet.

Though I have been eating 6 small healthy meals a day I have seemed to have lost 2 lbs.. I don't go to the doctor again for another 2 weeks to see how much the babies weigh to see if this has affected them..

should I be worried? I'm not starving myself by any means

I started eating healthy since I already gained 50lbs since finding out I was pregnant and last time I went my baby was 3lbs (perfect weight for that time)

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 6:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Talk to the doctor. You shouldn't really change your diet too much while pregnant, but what your eating sounds healthy! Just make sure you are getting enough. The doctor can reassure you on that.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 6:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I lost weight my whole pregnancy..lol..When i delivered i was a pound heavier than when i got pregnant. Its cause i ate well. My son was 8lb 8oz born at 39 weeks. Some peoples bodies just do that. My doc wasnt concerned at all :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Ilost 6 lbs during and my son was 7 6
    nikkole42

Answer by nikkole42 at 6:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• normal, i lost 10 pounds when i was pregnant with my 11 month old.
    mommyof2boysmd

Answer by mommyof2boysmd at 6:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I wouldn't worry about 2 lbs. This is my 2nd pregnancy, I'm 29 weeks and have lost 12 lbs since I found out we were expecting and haven't gained any. The baby is still measuring right on track and I feel fine. My doctor said it's nothing to worry about as long as I am eating healthy (which I am, I completely changed my eating habits and quit drinking soda the day I found out we were expecting, which I think is the culprit for the weight loss) and the baby is growing and developing (which he is, we had an u/s last week and you can already see his little chubby cheeks =]) then it's nothing to worry about. So unless your doctor is concerned, I wouldn't worry about it! It's great that you have decided to start eating better, it will be better for you and the babies in the long run!
    mishmashmom

Answer by mishmashmom at 6:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2010