Does anyone know about the quant blood test and how the doubling of HCG works?

First test I was only a week pregnant results were 118 then 49hrs later 252 then 45hrs later 558 now im only 3weeks from consepion and 40hrs from last test im1689 could this mean multiable baby pregnicies?

Ajmomof4

Asked by Ajmomof4 at 6:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• For the first and second trimester your HCG will almost double each day. When you are at a high risk of miscarriage, the OB/GYN may check your level more often. They are looking for a plateau or plummet in level. as long as the level is increasing, the actual number doesn't mean much. Multiples don't always result in a higher level than a single
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 11:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• So it tripiling when im only 3weeks from conseption doesnt mean anything?
    Ajmomof4

Comment by Ajmomof4 (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• No its normal for it to go up like that, if the numbers are abnormally high they may check your other hormones and do an early ultrasound. It can mean multiple pregnancies but it is also normal.
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 9:18 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I am now 6 weeks and number is over 9000 wouldnt tell me anything when I went for ultrasound not even if there was a heartbeat
    Ajmomof4

Comment by Ajmomof4 (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2010