Do you have a life outside of motherhood?

Do you ever feel like you have no life outside of hanging out with your children? My daughter was contently playing on her own and I had nothing to do. Of course there is always housework, but hats not fun. Other than going to your job, Do you do anything on your own without your kids?

Asked by deniselvt at 6:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Not in the least.

Answer by Melbornj at 6:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I do nothing but shower on my own. I even have a 1 yr old going to the bathroom with me.

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I just answered you initial question. I never do anything without my kids. Not even runs to the grocery store we do everything together. If my kids are entertaining themselves then I have tons of work around the house, more to do then I could ever get done. Its not fun but I look at it as being my job. Maybe when i get older I will have more time for other things.

Answer by Melbornj at 6:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i kinda do, i go out with friends once a month. but thats it

Answer by mommyof2boysmd at 6:15 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Motherhood was my life, and to a very large extent, it still is. Though the role has changed a bit, it's still the greatest joy of my life.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I do now that my kids grew up and are on their own. But before, no I did not.

Answer by louise2 at 6:21 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I love my job as a stylist, so it's kind of a life outside kids, and i play in a band for $$$$ a few times a month, and I am home with my kids 4 days a week too! I am very lucky right now. :)

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• No, I used to before we moved like 350 miles away from our family and friends.

Answer by Shelly922731 at 7:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• It's not quite that for me, it's more like not having a life outside of widowhood. Everything is mine now. All of the responsibility. All of the child, house, and yardwork. All of the responsibility for the bills and the breadwinning. All of it. It's mine. And I don't have a life outside of that anymore. As an only parent, there is no break, no child support, no back-up, no every other weekend, nothing.

Answer by Gaccck at 7:40 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I play in a band, so we have band practice once a week and a few gigs a month. i also have a small circle of friends that I'll have lunch with, or they'll come over for coffee during the day. DH and I also have regular date nights. It's important to be a wife, woman, and friend as well as being a mom, IMO. I think I'm a better mom because of it.

Answer by Scuba at 7:55 PM on Aug. 31, 2010