i keep getting dizzy!

every time i lean my head to the right or lay on my right side, an when i stand up i get really dizzy to the point i feel like i'm going to pass out. when i get like this it usually last for a bout a week at a time. this time though the dizzness is really bad. i saw a doctor about a year ago an he said it was vertigo, but does vertigo get worse? what could be going on. i'm tired of gettin dizzy i laid down with my 11 month old this afternoon an when he woke up i went to stand up an almost droped him because i was so dizzy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Health

• My mom gets that way. she says it is a ear thing. A doctor finally told her to take alergy pills for it. It word for her. She stoped having problems. You could always trying.

Answer by louise2 at 6:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Whenever I get up to quickly I have the same issues. If I slow down it works a little bit better.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:21 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Talk to your doctor about Meniere's disease. It is a disease that keeps you from processing salt correctly and salt crystals for on the inner ear and effect balance.
    Also could you have a misalignment in your spine? A chiropractor would be able to help with that.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Is your blood pressure too low? (or does it drop a lot when you stand - that's called orthostatic hypotension) Are you eating enough salt? Are you dehydrated? Any of those can also cause dizziness,
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 9:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2010