PLEASE HELP...IM GONNA GO CRAZY

Please tell me how to deal with a rebellious and obnoxious 2 year old who wont listen to anything i say. I know Im the parent but there comes a time where i have to stop or i get so overwhelmed because I feel like i can rip her head off(not litterally i would never do that. Im not abusive, but my two year old walks all over me. I dont know where I went wrong on disiplining her....on top of all that Im pregnant sooo the hormone thing isnt helping!!!

Please give me some advice.

Kellixclark

Asked by Kellixclark at 6:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My child is seven...and i still get that like. For me i just took a lot of breaths...and tried to get away if i could. I am sorry i cant be more help!!!
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 6:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Sounds to me like you could use a little "you time". Maybe your So or a friend can watch your little one for a while while you go out for a bit? I know I need some "me time" every once in a while. It helps lower your stress levels so you are better able to calmly deal with your babies. As for him not listening, I have the same problem sometime. I find that when I get down on eye level with my 2.5yo and let her know that she needs to obey or she will get a time out, that she listens a lot better (that is, with eye contact I guess) Good luck to you and your family. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 6:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• It's okay to cry! I did, a lot. Remember it always get's better. Always address her and not her tantrums. Don't give in, be strong, she'll thank you later. They don't call it terrible twos for no reason. Did I mention it's okay to cry?
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 6:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• This may sound crazy or odd but I'd try talking to her like an adult and see how she responds. I'm not sure if this will help at all, just thought I'd throw it out there. I'm sure you're a wonderful mom and I know that I acted pretty brutal to my mom as a kid, bless her soul and bless yours too. Just remember you're very special and she loves you so much that's why she's so comfortable with you. I wish you all the best! :)
    Souleia

Answer by Souleia at 6:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2010