Thoughts on this? 'Crash the Tea Party" teacher resigns...

Beaverton middle school teacher Jason Levin, who founded the now notorious “Crash the Tea Party” website, is no longer a teacher.
Share District officials would not say why Levin was facing dismissal, but that it followed an internal investigation into his use of public resources and time spent at school.
“There was some question whether that conduct occurred during the work day,” Osterink said of Levin’s work on the website.
Reached today, Levin said, “My attorney has advised me not to comment.”
Levin, a media lab technology teacher at Conestoga Middle School, drew international attention last spring after creating crashtheteaparty.org. The now defunct site had said it was part of a national movement to “dismantle and demolish the tea party by any nonviolent means necessary.”

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 6:21 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Hey, he knows you can't use public computers to do a "home" business, mass emails, political issues, or personal business (outside of reason on the personal). He knew this. They discuss this every years and remind us to not do this. He can be a member of any party, participate in any cause, dissent or support any group he wants - just not at work with publicly owned computers. He was stupid to do so. I hope it was worth trying to silence people who have exact right he was trying to exercise.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:41 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Could this be added to another reason why student's perform poorly in education compared to other nations?

No-I could outline some of those reasons for you,but they are not pretty ;)

Anyway-I would bet he had another job lined up for some political think tank of some sort. And I agree- see ya-we don't need people like that in education regardless of political affliation.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 6:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Dumbass is what this man is.I went to that site soon after the creation it was extremely childish and screamed desperation.Good riddance to him.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Levin's site encouraged people to infiltrate the tea party, then misspell protest signs, make wild claims during interviews and perform other public actions that would damage the public’s opinion of the tea party.

http://www.oregonlive.com/beaverton/index.ssf/2010/08/beavertons_crash_the_tea_party_teacher_resigns_as_his_dismissal_loomed.html
    grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 6:22 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Would you want him educating your children?
    grlygrlz2

• Personally I probably agree with his views so I am inclined to say yes, but it would not be right if he brought his views into the classroom.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 6:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Sabrina, you think it is ok to advocate infiltrating a rally, with misspelled protest signs? Make wild claims during interviews and perform other public actions that would damage the public’s opinion of the tea party? You agree with those views??? Yikes...
    grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 6:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• You would be surprised at the off time interests of teachers-they are people like anyone else. The problem happens when you forget what your job is and you let your personal life spill over. If he was working on the site during school hours he should be let go-but I know lots of teachers that work their side businesses during the school day, so its not uncommon.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 6:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• If he was working on the site during school hours he should be let go-but I know lots of teachers that work their side businesses during the school day, so its not uncommon.

~He resigned during the investigation. He didn't even fight to keep his job. Lacking professional ethics. I'd say Bye Bye~Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord Split ya!!!
    grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• As long as he kept his thought out of the classroom this type of thing is his business. Now if he views were being expressed in the classroom then no he shouldn't be allowed to teach them especially if his class deals with computers.
    mommy2boys03

Answer by mommy2boys03 at 6:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2010