in the second trimester can u miscarriage?

so i asked a question about earlier about what is ok to take for pain while pregnant. well i found out the person has sharp lower back pain and cramping in the stomach area. I looked up on webmd cuz I thought those were signs of miscarriage and they are according to webmd. the person just started the 2nd trimester. she doesn't have a dr right now to call. what is something I could suggest besides seeing a dr. i said to lay down on her side and drink lots of water.

pinnapple

Asked by pinnapple at 6:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Please call 911. That is going to be the safest thing to do now, not only for the baby but for her. Call 911. You do not have to have a doctor to be seen at a local Emergency Room.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 6:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yes, Call 911...
    MamasAngelPie

Answer by MamasAngelPie at 6:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Unfortunately, you can. If your are high risk you may be ordered to bed rest. Good luck and god bless you and your unborn child.
    ladycertz

Answer by ladycertz at 6:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• If she has no dr. get to the er and have them checked out . No use risking anything.
    mommy2boys03

Answer by mommy2boys03 at 6:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Save her the $$$$ for an ambulance and take her there yourself.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• You can miscarry at any time during pregnancy. I agree with taking her to the ER. Why chance it?
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 6:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yes you can miscarry during the second trimester. I have. There can be things that the doctors can do to prevent. Sometimes there is nothing that they can do. She will not know unless she contacts a doctor. There is nothing that she can do at home really. I hope that she makes it somewhere. These could just be signs of normal pregnancy though, it is hard to know.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I wouldn't call 911 though she could very easily be taken to an ER or urgent care. At this point it does not sounds life threatening.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:35 PM on Aug. 31, 2010