Mucus Plug..

I am 36 weeks and starting to loose my mucus plug..how long untill you ladies had your baby after loosing it?

MamasAngelPie

Asked by MamasAngelPie at 6:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I got my membranes stripped at 36 weeks 6 days and my doctor took mine out... I had my son 3 days later... I think it's different for each woman tho.... It could be days.... it would be weeks....
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 6:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Kay thank youuu
    MamasAngelPie

Comment by MamasAngelPie (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• sometimes you can lose pieces of your mucus plug and have it regenerate over time so honestly its not really a big indicator it could be days...or weeks
    steffielynne

Answer by steffielynne at 6:35 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• first- 4 days
    second- 2 wks
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 1:59 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• and like pp said. your mucus plug regenerates constantly. so, even though you may be losing pieces or chunks, it's being replaced and could be hours, days, weeks before you have baby.
    but, don't let that put you down. losing your mucus plug is a good sign. it's showing you that your body is preparing for labor and doing what it's needed and supposed to do.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:13 AM on Sep. 1, 2010