I have been a new relationship for 6 months. i have a 2 yr old and he has a 10 year old and 4 year old. Everything is perfect. I do have to ask is it wrong to feel angry that his X's daughter who is not his is invited to family functions, to spend the night, etc. The X's daughter comes over at least once a week. He has his son by her over about every Fri Sat Sun and sometimes Monday. So, his sister gets to see him plenty.

How to talk to my boyfriend about my feeling of his X's daughter being apart of OUR family regularly.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• I think that sometimes an adult needs to look into the best interests of the child rather then their own best interest. I'm assuming that your husband used to be his ex's daughter's step-dad. Do you feel it's that important for parent's to divorce kids along with thier ex's? The daughter is his son's sister. How would you feel if your dad's new wife wanted to exclude your sister? I can tell you that I would dis-own my step mother and possibly my father for letting the "evil step-mother" to that to my sister. I'm not trying to be mean, but maybe you should look at it from the child's perspective.
    Anonymous