when did your doctor tell you were dialated/thined out? how long after did labor start?

just curious how it went for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was 1cm 36 weeks 6 days.... Water broke 3 days later.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 7:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I was at 5cm for 6 weeks but still only 50% effaced. I got watched like a hawk though. Another time I was 3 cm for three months. So it really didn't make a difference as to when the action started. My best friend was thick and closed and went into labor the next day!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:52 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I was completely closed and thick 2 days after my due date, had my membranes stripped and delivered my son the next morning. I think checking for dilatation and thinning of the cervix is kind of pointless, it rarely has any indicator as to when you will deliver until you're in full active labor =)
    mishmashmom

Answer by mishmashmom at 6:53 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I was at cm 2 weeks before I had him, at 2cm the week before and 4cm when I went into labor 2 days after my EDD. It was a 7 hour labor.

Your cervix dilation is no indicator of when you will give birth. You can be dilated for weeks or nothing until labor starts.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 6:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I was a fingertip and soft at 36 weeks, a 1 and 25% at 37 weeks, a 2 and 50% at 38 weeks and when i went in to be induced at 39 weeks i was at a 3 and 75%.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 7:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• and I was 75% at 36 weeks 6 days.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 7:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I began dilating with my daughter around 36 weeks... Went to 40 weeks, 3 days.. Had my membranes stripped at 3 cms.. Dilated to a 4 cm.. And had her the next morning at 40 weeks, 4 days
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 7:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• With my daughter, at 7 days past my due date I still hadn't dilated or effaced and had to be induced.
    With my son, I was 60% effaced and 1 cm dilated at 36 weeks, 70% and 1.5 cm at 37 weeks and 80% and 2 cm at 38 weeks. I went into labor at exactly 39 weeks.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 7:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I wasn't dilated or effaced at all until 39 weeks 3 days, at which point I was "maybe a 1" and still not effaced. I went into labor 3 days after that. The only time that info is ever really useful is when gauging your body's readiness for induction. If you're just waiting for labor to start on its own, it's completely pointless to know how much "progress" you've made.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I was at 1 cm and 50% for 11 days before my son was born.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 10:49 PM on Aug. 31, 2010