i went to get highlights done but now my hair is falling out like a lot and its so not healthy anymore anything i can do to get my hair healthy and soft again?

Alejandra10

Asked by Alejandra10 at 6:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• now if your hair is over processed you are going to want to go and get a protein treatment or a few to try to restore the protein in your hair (which is what your hair is made of). Also be sure to use a good shampoo/conditioner.. that has protien/ keratin in the ingredients.. (not something like pantene, which uses waxes to make it shine, rather than anything that is actually healthy).

if you are using thermal tools (blow dryer, curling iron, straightning iron) be sure to use a thermal protectant as well to protect from further damage..

and get a trim on your hair.. split ends can travel up the hair shaft causing excess breakage.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• first take a piece of hair and pull on it.. if it breaks right away, it's over processed and highlights are best to wait on.. if it has some elasticity it may still be healthy.

Next take a section of hair and push from end to scalp.. how does it feel? Rough?, then it's over processed and again highlights are best to wait on.. Smooth? then its healthy.

So if it's healthy, you need to determine why your hair is falling out.. if you are loosing more than 50-100 pieces a day you are going to want to talk to your doctor about this because it's due to a medical condition. Also, if you pick up the peices that you lost, is it broken off, or can you feel/see the root.. if you see the root, again you may want to discuss with your doctor why.. if you notice it's due to breakage, it's due to over processing.

if it's healthy, go for the highlights.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• go to a professional hair dresser until they get your back in shape. the same thing happened to my hair, i get protein treatments every 2 weeks and i also use cholesterol conditioner and hot oil as well

3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 11:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• After you rule out a medical condition which may have come from being allergic to the hair dye. The only thing that I use when my hair is dull and flat, I whisk an egg, and after I shampoo my hair, I massage the egg into my hair and let it sit for a few minutes while I finish bathing the rest of my body. I rinse my hair with cool water and then finish with a rinse of chamomile tea to make my blonde hair shine. Good luck.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 7:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Sorry my bad! I don't have my glasses and I read your post backwards. Ok you need a few reconstructive treatments. In my professional opinion I probably wouldn't be comfortable as a stylist doing it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Use DOVE repair condtioner everyday for a week, works awesomely!!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:33 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• sstepph.. while it may give you the illusion of repair.. I just read the MSDS on it.. there is nothing in the ingredients that is there to help actually repair or make the hair healthier. No protein, no keratin, etc.. none of the good stuff.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2010