Hi moms. ¿Can I buy just a pack n´play instead of a crib?

I´m going to have a baby for the first time this december 2010. I have small space at home and maybe I should move. So now, I want to know if it´s necessary to buy a crib or if, for the first 2 or 3 months, a pack and play is enough. Some people say that a crib is necessary because of the mattress (harder). ¿What do you think?

Beba2011

Asked by Beba2011 at 7:03 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Shopping

• Yes you can. This is what I did for my son.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• We were poor when we had baby. We had one with a bassinet built in and it worked nicely. We kept it right by the bed. You aren't supposed to put them on the bottom part when they are newborns. I know lots of people who did that.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I was poor so my son has slept in a pack n' play that was lent to me from a friend so yeah he is fine he not weird shaped he a normal kid lol its normal to sleep in those.
    butterfly3206

Answer by butterfly3206 at 7:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• we used a pack n play for at least the first few months for our twin boys. we've used a bassinet that someone gave us for our other two children when they were born and then upgraded later to cribs. I would definitely shop around at yardsales to find a crib you could use when your child is older or maxes out on the weight limit on the pack n play.
    I have a friend who didn't have any money at all and literally used one of her dresser drawers to keep her baby in.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 7:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i tried getting away with a pack n place with my 2nd..didnt work he hated it and wouldnt sleep in and ended up sleeping with me and was soo hard to get him out of our bed once his crib came.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 7:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I bought a Fisher Price infant sleeper rocker. It is the best $50 i have ever spent. My son loves it! It is very cute, sturdy and we put it next to our bed at night.

Here it is :)
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3739296
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 7:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yes, you most definitely could. We purchased one for my daughter!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 7:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• A bassinet may be a better choice, unless the pack and play has a bassinet attachment on it. It's hard getting a baby in and out of the traditional deep ones, and a lot of babies don't like sleeping in big open spaces.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I only had a crib for my oldest - my two youngest went straight from the Pack 'N Play to toddler beds. It made it so much easier to move them from room to room in the house and to go to Grandma's.
    3KurlyKids

Answer by 3KurlyKids at 7:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My son slept in the top part of one for the first few months of his life. He hated his bassinet, but his pack n play had that piece that goes on the top for new babies. If I put him in his bassinet he would wake right up & go to screaming. Set him in his room in the pack n play & go right back to sleep. He was about 4 months old when he got the crib, & was right at 10 months old when he went from his brib to a toddler bed.... (even though he couldn't walk he was getting out of his crib & I was soo afraid he was going to get hurt. The little devil would stand up, flip over, & slowly move down until his foot touched the floor & would then drop to his butt.and crawl away. I caught him one morning.) Then broke the toddler bed after he turned one.... anyway if thats all you can afford then thats all you can afford... you have to do what you have to do.
    You can also save up for a crib after a while. =) GL
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 7:27 PM on Aug. 31, 2010