Halloween costume for a 2 year old

What is a good costume for a 2 year old girl that is comfortable and easy to make?

stampmama

Asked by stampmama at 4:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Dora the Explorer, Cat, Cheerleader, Fairy, Princess, Witch, Pirate, Clown, Dog, Rabbit

I would say a Cat would probably be the easiest. Just put her in all black and paint some whiskers on her with black eyeliner and put a pink nose on her with some blush/lipstick. The only thing you would have to buy or make would be some cat ears and a tail. I'm sure you can find those for cheap at Walmart or Target. Good luck!
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• One of the cheapest, easiest costumes I ever made was a bride costume. I put a white blouse with puffy sleeves underneath a satin slip - the slip was long on her. I tied a white ribbon around the middle and made a big bow on the back. Then I took a white sheer (lace would work too) curtain, put a string through where the rod would go, scrunched it up and tied it on like a headband. The curtain looked just like a veil and trailed behind her. Then I gave her a bouquet of fake flowers, attached to her bucket for easy carrying. It was so very cute and didn't cost a dime. (we already had the flowers)

FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I'm doing pooh bear for my 2 y/o DD. And maybe piglet for little sis
    GFXMommy

Answer by GFXMommy at 5:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• cheerleader, princess, a devil, a cat
    ELC

Answer by ELC at 5:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• PUMPKIN, A LITTLE BUNNY, PUPPY
    rosie823

Answer by rosie823 at 6:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Mine is going as Little Red Riding Hood.
    I got a cute red dress that she'll be able to wear well into next summer, I'm using her regular white sneakers and socks, she has a stuffed doggie that will be the big bag wolf, and I found a super easy hooded cape pattern online - http://teresafranco.typepad.com/teresafranco/2007/09/hooded-cape.html
    If you use red felt or fleece for the material you don't even have to hem it unless you want to. The cape will go in her dress-up box after Halloween.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Princess Leia from Star Wars.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• lady bug
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Bella's going as a pumpkin this year..we're gonna paint her hair orange and draw triangles around her eyes. We already had the orange sweatsuit....so easy!
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 9:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• ballerina...that would be simple...they have some really cute tutu's at target right now too! i made my son's pirate costume...it turned out really cute!
    KotaBaby

Answer by KotaBaby at 12:28 AM on Oct. 12, 2008