Did you miss your doctor and nurses after you left the hospital?

I was blessed with a wonderful pregnancy and was induced at 39 weeks. My labor and delivery took a little over 13 hours (but went great) and i was only in the hospital for 2 days. Even though i was so very happy to finally have my son in the world to hold, look at and take care of; I really miss the experience and felt a loss once i left the hospital. I miss it all... my labor, delivery, the nurses, my doctor and the feeling of being pregnant.

Has anyone else felt this way?

BraythansMom

Asked by BraythansMom at 7:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I missed my OB. She is a wonderful doctor (she has a waiting list a mile long of people trying to get appointments with her) and I hated it when my appointments slowed down to my annual physical (I have mine next week). I can't say enough kind things about this woman. She knew how desperately I wanted a baby and she did everything in her power to help me. I sent her flowers after I had my baby. When most people were telling me I would need a c-section because I was overweight, she didn't push it. If it came to that, she would have done it of course, but it didn't. I'm so glad she went with her instincts instead of what people thought should happen.

And to to top it off, we're both named Carin, so I know it had to be fate, LOL.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 7:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• yes, I can say that I have. I had the BEST nurses as well....they were just wonderful.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 7:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yes, this is my last pregnancy, I've decided to get my tubes tied this will be my 5th baby but 4th living child and the thought of never being pregnant again makes me sad. I did have a great team when I was pregnant with my twins and I miss that doctor and those nurses a lot especially because they were so hands on and with all my complications they were so concerned and always looking out for my best interest. I lost one of my twins and although my doctor sees things like that all the time, he was sooo supportive and the team was as well. I hope your next pregnancy is just as joyful and great!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 7:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• OMG No! I didn't want to have to give birth in a hospital anyway (assisted home births are illegal here, though), then the nurses were all horrible except for one that I had after giving birth. I was ecstatic to get out of there and get home so that I didn't have my baby pulled away from me a few times a day for an hour at a time.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I did but I developed a special realtionship with everyone because I was admitted at 28 weeks and in the hospital until delivery at 37 weeks. I made friends with them, got to know their families and they got to know mine. It was wonderful. I still go back and see them from time to time. I'll be delivering at the same hospital this time and I've already had two request to work the day I am being induced!!
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 7:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I went with a midwife at a birthing center and I miss them so much!! They were such a big part of my pregnancy and now I dont see them. I still have my 6wk check up coming up in a few wks and I think I will cry. They are wonderful people that I will miss and always remember for being such a big part of my life!!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 7:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I didn't get to know any of the nurses really. I was there a day and a half, and 3 nurses had rotated through my room. They were all nice, but I can't say I miss them. I do miss my OB. He was very nice, it is odd not to go there anymore.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 7:49 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I have. I even missed my roomate and her beautiful daughter. I had many nice people surrounding me. I think of them all the time.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 7:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I had wonderful nurses and drs all 5 times I delivered. Each time I stayed there as many days as the insurance would pay for - it was so nice to be pampered and taken care of! Actually, with my 2nd I was snowed in at the hospital when we had a record 20 inches of snow in NC - I was there for 4 days after an uneventful vaginal delivery. The nurses were the same the whole time because they couldn't leave either!

Answer by missanc at 9:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I miss my OB ... mainly because I had an awful pregnancy and he did everything possible to get me thought in. And I had to go to the OB once or twice a week for the last four months of my pregnancy.

lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 9:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2010