Would you accept something OTHER than a prayer?

If someone told you they would send a thought out into the Universe, or cast a spell for you (don't know how that works, so please don't get offended at how I worded that) or they would pray to Allah for you, or would meditate for you....would you say thank you and accept this?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 7:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Absolutely.

All prayers, well wishes, positive thoughts..etc.. That are extended to me in true sincerity are something that I would never reject.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yes- I take all the well wishes I can get :)
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 7:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Generally, yes, if it is not in a condescending manner...

Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 7:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yes.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 7:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i would accept whatever 'well wishes' they happened to offer. it wouldn't mean i believe in any (or all of those listed) over prayer or as equaled to, but yes..if a person wishes me or my situation well, who am i to no accept their thoughtfulness?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:15 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I would not be offended. As an Atheist, it's all the same to me...ways of saying "You're in my thoughts."
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 7:15 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Any positive thoughts or energy directed your way or on your behalf is a good thing in my book! We could all use a little more good will towards one another!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:15 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• As long as they're good vibes and not bad, then absolutely. I'm not religious but when someone says they'll pray for me, keep me in their thoughts, etc, I accept it all graciously.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 7:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Absolutely! I'm not Christian, but IMO ANY positive thought that someone has for you, your family, etc. is a good thing and helpful in some way.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I accept any positive thoughts, prayers, etc., even though I'm not particulary religious. I just take it as a sign that they care about me and want to do something nice for me.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 7:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2010