Juat what exaclty is African religion?

A lefty asks a black man at a tea party event 'What happened to your African religion"??

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 7:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It is like what Biden said. He can't imagine why a black man isn't a democrat. These independent, free to choose, faithful, thinking men are recused because they dare to make a choice and be republican. How dare they be a "traitor" to their race. Talk about peer pressure. I have all kinds of respect for people who choose to swim against the current and make the hard choices instead of always following the crowd. It is like the interview at the rally when a lady is asked about being an A-A at the rally. She corrected him and said she isn't African. She is American who is black and then said she is a registered Independent. African religion - Lord only knows what that means. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATaMkke5kHo  (go to 2:37 into the clip if you want to fast forward)

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• ummm what?
    I dont get it...?
    My husband is black and he believes in God and Jesus.
    Several years ago he was a Muslim till he found out there were many lies that he found in the Koran. Or that was his opinion.
    Idk what is African religion either according to my husband he is not African he is A Black American.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 7:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Maybe Thaaism... I don't know much about it personally but its big in Kenya and there was a documentary about it.

More than likely it was just another racist dem, trying to intimidate/guilt a black person for not being on his side. Pretty sad to think a man who prolly swears he is so tolerant would assume just because a man is black he would have an "african religion".
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:27 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• What are you talking about my religion is Baptist.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Rev Wright teaches, black theology

That explains so much to me....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:19 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Well I listened to a little bit of the video. Sorry I thought that you were wondering what many Africans in Africa state what their religion is. Many of them are Christian, Jewish, Muslim and even Hindu.. There are still those that believe in Traditional Religions just like here in America.

The white guy from your video was just being racist! The black guy is a black republican. He gets alot of a flack from other black people which is why he has such an edge on his shoulder.

But to explain why many black people moved from the Republican party is because of the New New Deal of the 1930s. Most black voters switched to the Democratic Party in the 1930s when the New Deal offered them employment opportunities, and major figures, such as Eleanor Roosevelt, began to support civil rights. President JFK was a democrat.
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 8:12 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• 3y0amom,

They switch partiesafter the 1964 civil rights act was signed by democrat President Johnson. Even MLK was a registered republican.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 8:25 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Correction in title..'JuSt'
    tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 7:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Africans have different religions. Some are Christian, some are Jewish and some are Muslims. Some are Traditional religions and some are even Hindu
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 8:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2010