Should I Send a Thank you Note When My Answer is Selected "Best"?

I always appreciate it when it happens, and I want to thank the original poster, but I don't want to intrude or have them think I'm a stalker by sending them a message. I don't expect a thank you when I select one, I appreciate them taking the time to answer.

Do you send thank you's? Do you think it's rude when you select a best answer and you're not thanked?

Scuba

Asked by Scuba at 7:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Most people don't, it seems. It's nice but not necessary.

I think I'd send one if I had something more to say than thanks - if I wanted to get to know the person or add them to my friend's list, or if I had follow-up questions or comments.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I send a thank you, because that's what usually happens when I pick best answers....
    I don't think it would be intrusive or stalker-ish if you hit "reply" and just said "thank you"....you dont' have to go into great detail or respond to their "your welcome" if they send one back.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 7:22 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• you can if you want! sometimes i do, sometimes i don't.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i never do...but only because i personally find it annoying when ppl thank me..lol..i get excited to see i get a message..and then all it says is thanks!! LOL waste of my time!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I agree... sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I used to thank each person that selected my answer...but I stopped because someone else asked the same question you just did and I read a bunch of other answers that said they thought it was bothersome or annoying to recieve the thankyou's,LOL.
    So, I pretty much don't send the thankyou's anymore.
    It doesnt bother me when someone thanks me though. I think its a nice gesture..but not necessary.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:41 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Sure why not. Anyone who gets pissed off by a thank you needs their priorities re-examined.
    StRita

Answer by StRita at 9:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i don't
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 7:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I try to. I may not send one for every answer chosen but I may send one to original poster thanking them if they awarded me more than one best answer.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 7:53 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I don't because I find it annoying to get messages that just say thankyou.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 7:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2010