This is my first time being pregnant and im only 19 and me and my boyfriend are really happy to be expecting a baby. But ever since I've been pregnant my moods are off their rocker. I get mad over the dumbest things, I cry and get jealous. And its starting to put a lot of stress on me, my boyfriend and the baby. Is this normal or is it my body telling me something.

I have been getting really bad mood swings, I cry/get mad/jealous/ and i can be happy one minute and a complete mean person the next. Is it normal?

sweetemily4u

Asked by sweetemily4u at 4:50 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's so totally normal. It's just your hormones. If you had bad PMS before you got your period, being pregnant is like having PMS constantly. Whenever stuff gets too hard to handle, just try and take a deep breath and remember that nothing is as bad as it seems. I think hormones can make our imaginations run wild and it seems like everyone it against us. Just apologize if you react badly to something and remind the person that you're pregnant and you can't always control your emotions.

But yeah...you're completely normal =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• it's completely normal and gets worse (atleast for me) after you have the baby.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 4:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• dont worry it is completely normal. you have so many hormones rushing through your body right now it doesnt know what to think. just think of it as severe pms. you have nothing to worry about. congradulations
    nikki-blu

Answer by nikki-blu at 4:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Oh my god, so normal!!
    amyofthejungle

Answer by amyofthejungle at 4:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Oh my so very normal. All the hormones it takes to help the baby grow can make anyone act wacky. Just remind him of what your body is going through, it will be alright.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:09 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• so normal. all hormones! i was a monster pregnant. everything made me mad.
    GwenythsMom

Answer by GwenythsMom at 5:10 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• hahahaha normal normal and it sucks i cried EVERYDAY I was pregnant...

no damn reason
    Anonymous

• Oh mama- HUGS! This is not uncommon, but if I were you, I would research a little about Postpartum Depression- some mamas can get it during pregnancy...talk to you doctor hon! Better safe than sorry - and besides, better to be knowledgeably just in case you get PPD after baby is born.
    GL! Tara
    ashwinsmommy

Answer by ashwinsmommy at 6:32 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Beyond normal is the answer everyone's trying to give here. And the worst part of it, is while you feel yourself going through them "all the time", you don't even realize about 60% of the mood swings you actually have. It takes a really strong supporter to help a pregnant mom through these. Half the time I barely realize I've had a mood swing till I see the look on my poor husband's face, and then of course I feel like crying cause he's nothing but perfect to me...lol. I feel for you when you look up and realize that you're just pissed at the world, but have no idea why.... we're all with you girl. congrats on your baby, just take it easy, be sure to make some time for yourself before little one gets here...long baths, back massages if the boyf is up for it....lotion on the belly.....and very lovely smells around you. Deep breaths, and good luck!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 6:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• It's normal. Just make sure you are drinking lots of water, getting enough rest, and just stay relaxed and enjoy feeling your baby grow. You are doing great!!!
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 7:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2008