Do you use reusable bags at the grocery store?

I'm trying to, I bought several and I leave them in the back of my truck - but I forget about them being back there sometimes (until I'm in the checkout lane of course!) If I forget to use them, I'll get the plastic bags so I can re-purpose them.

Scuba

Asked by Scuba at 7:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I always forget them. I used to just buy a new one when I went if I forgot. Now I have like 20 of them and can't remember 1. Wow, thats embarassing!
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 1:03 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Yep. We only use reusable bags for shopping. That includes going to other types of stores as well, not just grocery shopping.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I ♥ my Chico Bags! They are small and come with a clip so I just clip them to my purse before I go into the store.
    Chico Bag Shopping Pictures, Images and Photos
    Chico bag Pictures, Images and Photos

♥♥♥
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I always do. I shop a little each day, as the store is on my walk home from work. It's easier with a nice reusable bag (longer shoulder straps makes it easy to carry groceries home).
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I prefer to and I'm trying to make it a habit. Sometimes I forget them at home though.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 7:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• yup. DH gets reusable bags at conferences he goes to so I just keep them in my car.
    NHGal

Answer by NHGal at 7:39 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• nope i use plastic bags
    vampire2007

Answer by vampire2007 at 8:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I reuse the plastic ones in my garbage cans and in the car and the other ones we only seem to use at Sam's Club not sure why sometimes the cashiers frown on having to put your groceries in the reusable ones
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:27 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• no. but if it'd keep the cashiers at walmart from using one bag per item (why do they do that???), i might.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:31 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• no, but I'm gonna have to...or have to buy some because in 2011 there going to ban them from grocery stores in California, and if you don't bring your own bag you'll have to pay for bags!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 7:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2010