I just started Me Period and I want To start taking my bbt.. When do i start

and when can i tell im ovulating by the temps...lol ...how does this work??

SammiGirl07

Asked by SammiGirl07 at 7:50 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You can start now. Just take your temperature first thing in the morning, before you get up at all (I keep my thermometer on my night stand, so I just roll over and grab it). Once you get up, your temp jumps and makes it invalid, so you have to do it before you get up. At the same time every day is best and will give you the most accurate results. Then keep a record somewhere (FertilityFriend.com is a good site for info and recording). What you're looking for is a sustained temperature shift up by about 0.5ยบ; it's completely normal to have an odd high or low temperature, but it doesn't mean anything unless it stays that way. Unfortunately, charting BBT isn't a good way to know when you're going to ovulate (though some women notice a dip in temps the day of), but it's the only way to know for sure when you have ovulated.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Dragonrider hhit it right on the head. First thing in the morning. Do what she said... it WORKS. Pregnant first try when I started charting.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:53 AM on Sep. 1, 2010