My mother and sister don't include my youngest son in the things they do with my 2 older children,he gets hurt by this and I get mad .What do I do?

ferferlovey

Asked by ferferlovey at 5:02 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Are the things that they do age appropriate for your younger son? If so, I would just tell them that if he can't participate then the older 2 can't either. He's old enough for his feelings to get hurt by it, so it's time that they include him or not take the other 2.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 5:06 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• don't let the other two participate either, and make sure that your mom and sis are aware of that new rule.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 5:06 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I always tell my MIL that they are a set, you either take all 3 or none at all. She actually doesn't take any of them now, but it is fair to all of them.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• she can't take one, she can't take the rest.-does she even take the youngest one by himself or does she just completely neglect him?
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 7:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I know I hate that my family tries to do that to my son I just tell them if he can't go then she can't go.
    kristie190

Answer by kristie190 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I totally agree if you can not do it with all then you cant take them. And if what they are doing is not age appropriate for all the kids then they need to find something that is and do that.
    jrsmith27

Answer by jrsmith27 at 8:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2008