Boston Market. (restaurant)

Why do they advertise on my local TV channels for a Boston Market restaurant when the closest one is over 100 miles away? Sure, I will just nip over with a 4 hour drive to get some chicken that will be stone cold when I arrive at the party? Or, hold on kiddies, we will eat in just over two hours and then you do your homework on the ride home. lol

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 8:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Food & Drink

• OMG, i wondered the same thing! They have them in Florida, but when I moved to TN and saw commercials, I got excited, til I realized the closest one is 3 hrs away!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 8:05 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Weird. We have those ads too and I don't think they exist in the state anymore! I'm guessing the ads are for the parent company that is across the U.S,not the affiliate

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• dont worry... you are not missing much at all.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 8:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• it used to be like that here for sonic. now we have some and i am not very impressed. everything looks so yummy on the commercial. i guess it's that whole thing about desireing what you can not have. lol
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 8:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I agree with xtwil Sonics never rocked my boat. Most of our local Sonics are now closed. No great loss.

Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 8:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I get coupons in the local paper and the nearest one is 2 hours away...... I just don't get it. Their food is tasty, but not THAT tasty!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:10 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• that is just very weird
    amandaeastman

Answer by amandaeastman at 12:29 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I hate when they do that!!!!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:57 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I wonder if it a marketing ploy to create a need or desire, like a test market. It just bugs me when they have what looks like a great deal and then I read the bottom of the screen and it says "Available in Birmingham only" Well, the next time I have a doctors appointment I will go and find this place.
    Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 9:00 AM on Sep. 1, 2010