chocolate milk at school?

in our house we serve white milk most of the time with chocolate milk only once in a while. my kids told me that they drink chocolate milk at school everyday and then complained they don't like regular milk. do you think that schools should serve chocolate milk at school?

happy-go-lucky

Asked by happy-go-lucky at 8:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in

• Nope, shouldn't be optional. And the cafeteria staff does not let my kids get it- they've been blacklisted. No junk for my kids. I think parents fail to realize that when they let the kids eat at school, they have the right, as parents to choose what they are allowed to have. All you need to do is to let the cafeteria staff know its off limits.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• It was always an option when I was in school. I suggest that you explain to them that they can have chocolate at School but at home they have to drink WHITE Milk.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 8:21 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yes
    When I was a kid that was the best part of school lol
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I don't mind them having chocolate milk at school. I've taught them that there are no "bad" foods as long as it's in moderation. We occasionally have chocolate milk at home as well.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:27 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i dont have a problem with them having choco milk. its good once a day.. and that once a day happens to be at school.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 8:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• School nutritionists have discovered more kids will drink mil if it is chocolate. So, they offer 2% fat chocolate milk. This way, they can show they offer milk & kids drink it. This has been going on since my girls were in school and they graduated in '95 & '97. My boys' middle school and their high school do it this way as well. Teh good side is, they're drinking milk and getting the same amount of calcium as in white milk. The down side is now they also want it at home. But, you control the home front. So, keep them on white milk there, mama.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 8:27 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• They aren't giving them whole milk, a bottle of Nesquik, and a spoon. You have to realize that some kids are drinking soda, koolaid and other nonsense at home. Let your kids live a little. The stuff is hardly chocolaty at all.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 8:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• No big deal. They offer different kinds. Chocolate, white, strawberry, and some other non-cow kind. All the fat free/skim milk. I have no problem with it. But my kid knows flavored milk is a once a day thing. She chooses it for breakfast, lunch or at home. Rest of the time it's white or water.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:48 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My son refuses chocolate milk at school. I find it quite strange. Schools only serve fat free chocolate milk and for some kids, it is the healthiest drink they get.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yeah he has it. its no big deal. Its not like he's downing a gallon a day or something!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:39 PM on Aug. 31, 2010