does your baby have a blankie?

my baby has a blankie, and he calms down when he has it. for example, i swaddle him with a baby blanket (not blankie) and hold him. he keeps crying. i take that one off and replace it with blankie, even without me holding him he calms down. he is 3 months old.

happy-go-lucky

Asked by happy-go-lucky at 8:21 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My youngest (2.5) has his "lovie" - it's a really soft blanket that my best friend bought him as a shower present. She died when he was a year old from cancer. He chose it as his favorite, and he's always comforted by it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My dtrs are 12,8 and 8 and they still are comforted by their blankies.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• No, he has a daddy that makes him calm down.... lol
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:22 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i made a blankie for my daughter who is now almost 3 and won't sleep without it. :)
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 8:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Neither of my boys ever developed lovies. They both had open access to comfort at the breast so I guess there was never a need for an alternative form of comfort.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 8:35 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My son doesn't have a blanket.... But, he has a stuff animal named Louie that goes everywhere with him and he has to have it in bed with him... Lol
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 9:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• That's sweet.
    My son has a favorite blanket that he drags around the house, but he's not dependent on it for comfort. He can fall asleep without it, he can go places without it, and he sometimes leaves it laying on the floor when he goes off to play. But he definately finds comfort in it and often brings it to me to snuggle with. When he sees it he lights up, especially if it's been in the wash and I bring it back to him. What makes it special for me is that it's the blanket that I made him before he was born. So it really means a lot to me that that's the one he has fallen soo attached to.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:31 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My daughter has a blankie/lovie too. One of my hubbys friends gave it to her at babyshower so i always wrapped her in it bc it was soft. Now it soothes her & she loves it soo much. Shes gonna be a yr already lol & still wont let it go.
    mercy928

Answer by mercy928 at 9:42 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My son has a little cow head thing that rattles and it has a little blanket attached to it. He loves that thing :) Hes not dependent on it, he just likes it!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 9:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• my son had gotten a home made blanket for a shower gift he ALWAYS had this blanket with him no matter where we went, i would have to take it from him when he went to sleep just so i could wash it,one day i cut it in half  just so we always had a clean one and little by little we had cut it into four parts and slowly but surely he didn't need it any more,he was about four years old.

littlemonkey805

Answer by littlemonkey805 at 11:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2010